Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cajun Adventures on the Bayou - 14 Dec

This morning we traveled out to the Bayous (swamps) to look for coons, turtles and gators. We were not disappointed. The only thing we didn't see was 'Turtle Man'.  It is the first day of duck hunting season so we also got to see the duck hunters in their camouflaged boats and outfits.

Fly to Orlando tomorrow.




























Bourbon Street, French Quarter























Mothers Restaurant Saturday Night Specials





















In honour of our trip to the Bayou, Ron ordered the Saturday special 'Turtle Soup'.  I on the other hand went the southern fried chicken with dirty rice and potato salad.  I did taste the soup and I can tell you that it didn't taste like chicken.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Dingopups Blog

Dingopups is the Foster families blog. Here you can see what our interests are and what we like to do with our time.

One of our current activities is traveling on a holiday in Italy and the UK.