Sunday, April 8, 2012

Stations of the Cross at the Colosseum

We were lucky to meet a friendly Australian on our 1/2 tour to Tivoli and after chatting about our shared experiences of a day in Rome, I was pleased to hear that Lisa planned to attend the Stations of the Cross at the Colosseum that night.  Taking the opportunity I invited myself to join her. Returning in the early evening from our tour, we invited Lisa to join us for a supper in our apartment, of bread, tomato, melon, prosciutto and a bottle of white wine.  Lisa and I then made our way to Circus Massimo and walked the short distance to the Colosseum.  Here we found a spot on a bank and watched the Pope arrive and begin the service.  "When in Rome!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Dingopups Blog

Dingopups is the Foster families blog. Here you can see what our interests are and what we like to do with our time.

One of our current activities is traveling on a holiday in Italy and the UK.