Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Farewell Paris - 20 April

Have you ever got sick and then had to find your way to a doctor in a country whose native language is not your own? Even if you manage to locate a doctor, how would you explain what ails you?

This was an experience that we encountered today. Both Ron and I have been battling illness for about a week or two now. Ron was at his worst while we were on the cruise so he was able to have immediate access to the medical officer on board. My very worst days have been yesterday and today. The nasty cold has now become infected sinus's. I knew I had to see a doctor and was given excellent instructions to find a medical centre near our hotel by the concieage. It occured to me that I could translate what I wanted to tell the GP using Google Translater and that is what I did. Navigating the Medical Centre was tricky and the receptionist thought my translated notes were very funny! The GP read it and just raised her eyebrows. However, we managed it and before I knew it we were chatting with a pharmasist who prepared the medication that should help me to mend. My next concern are my ears on the flight back home. I have already experienced ear pain during our flight between Rome and Paris. But enough of my woes and on to the more exciting stuff for the day.

Our final flurry of sight seeing was to the Musee de O'Rsay where we found ourselves in the fine company of original works of art from the French impressionists and post-impressionists, Manet, Monet, Van Goch, Picasso, Renior, Cezanne Guiganne and Degas to name a few. It was a fine end to our 'Grand Tour'. We did a spot Designer window shopping too.

Tomorrow we catch our flight back to the southern hemisphere. We will overnight in Singapore before arriving in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Dingopups Blog

Dingopups is the Foster families blog. Here you can see what our interests are and what we like to do with our time.

One of our current activities is traveling on a holiday in Italy and the UK.