Retail Therapy was the order of the day.
Whilst in Vic I spotted a womens clothing shop that I thought I would enjoy but was too late as they were shutting their doors for the 2pm closing. Taking note of the stores name I looked it up on google to see if there was an outlet in Barcelona and was in luck.
Ron was keen to follow my lead so today we headed out to a shopping precinct in the burbs. I found the retail outlet that I was looking for and enjoyed spending a substantial amount of money on the specials. I was getting sick of wearing the same clothes. Ron was also keen to spend a little money on himself but we unfortunately didn't find a suitable outlet that wasn't designer with designer prices.
For lunch we dinned at an American themed Mexican restaurant. The Caesar Salads we ordered were drapped in the largest sardines that I have ever seen. Ron was thrilled as we ate our first piece of steak in over 3 weeks.



After lunch we wondered through a large supermarket. The meat section was extensive containing mostly curing pork forelegs and numerous varieties of cured sausages. Looking through the fridges I discovered numerous and varied packets of offal.
Back in the city centre our evening continued with the shopping theme as we shopped for gifts to take back to Australia for family and friends.
For dinner we attempted to locate a bar that my brother had recommended but we were not in luck. Instead we slipped into one of the many tapas restaurants that line the streets. We are still not convinced that we like the tapas on offer in Barcelona. I think this is due, in part, to the fact that we are not seafood lovers.
No comments:
Post a Comment